Except not in Hollywood and no future singing sensations. Where is Simon Cowell when you need him? I'm on week 2 at the cabin. Last week was ugly. Job foreman would NOT listen, gave me a lot of grief, and was just plain snark-y. I blew up and swore like a sailor. It didn't work. Unless, I was going for high blood pressure readings. When things weren't ready for the heater mason, I called the construction company owner and told him things weren't going well. Didn't get much response so I brought in a couple of guys to help me. Nope, not to proud to pick men up off the street. When owner got there yesterday morning, I let him know he lost the additional work we have and that he'd have to earn the next stage of the job. He said that wasn't fair. I told him that he'd learn to take me seriously and that's the way it was going to go. So going for the wallet worked and I got more guys and everyone got the lead out and busted butt and the job got caught up. So, I'm thinking positively now and expect things to go well. Here's a little sneak peak at the lower level heater. This is after like 5 hours of work - and they had to set up all their stuff including shoveling dirt to be able to get into the basement and move all their block by hand because I couldn't get the job foreman to do it.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Hollywood Hell Week
Except not in Hollywood and no future singing sensations. Where is Simon Cowell when you need him? I'm on week 2 at the cabin. Last week was ugly. Job foreman would NOT listen, gave me a lot of grief, and was just plain snark-y. I blew up and swore like a sailor. It didn't work. Unless, I was going for high blood pressure readings. When things weren't ready for the heater mason, I called the construction company owner and told him things weren't going well. Didn't get much response so I brought in a couple of guys to help me. Nope, not to proud to pick men up off the street. When owner got there yesterday morning, I let him know he lost the additional work we have and that he'd have to earn the next stage of the job. He said that wasn't fair. I told him that he'd learn to take me seriously and that's the way it was going to go. So going for the wallet worked and I got more guys and everyone got the lead out and busted butt and the job got caught up. So, I'm thinking positively now and expect things to go well. Here's a little sneak peak at the lower level heater. This is after like 5 hours of work - and they had to set up all their stuff including shoveling dirt to be able to get into the basement and move all their block by hand because I couldn't get the job foreman to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment