Monday, October 28, 2013

How to be productive whilst staring at the ceiling

I have lost track of the number of days I have been possessed by evil back spasm spirits. Pain sucks. Laying on one's back and staring at the ceiling day after day sucks. However, as unbelievable as it may seem, I have made great strides towards building up a food pantry all from the comfort of my memory foam mattress. I would not have been able to accomplish such a feat without the support of my memory foam mattress hogging feLION assistants. I'm sure my being contorted around furry bodies in what space is available to me after these tiny beasts get into bed and stretch out from one end of the king size mattress to the other is also speeding my recovery. How do they do that? If there were a dog and cat "Bed Pig" equivalency chart, I'd bet a cord of firewood that one seven pound feLION of any breed and hair length is equivalent to a 120 pound bull mastiff. We've also got another mystery afoot. How did a vegetarian (yours truly) get on the mailing list for a fish catalog? Not just any fish mind you, but canned, wild caught Alaskan salmon aka not cheap fish. Tiffany Anne has posted on facebook before and now my pain, aspirin, and valerian root induced state has me suspicious. Anyhow, I ordered food from Mary Jane's Farm and Outdoor Herbivore. This organic camping food translates into low energy requirements for turning dehydrated food into palette satisfying nourishment. We've tried Mary Jane's Farm food before. Knowing we like it, I ordered a stash. I ordered a few different items from Outdoor Herbivore to give them a try. If we like the taste, we'll order a stash from them too. I also plan on supplementing these with cans of soup, potatoes, almond butter and....that's as far as I am. I also started a spreadsheet. The Husband and I discussed what, specifically, are we looking to accomplish here. At this point, we are building a thirty day supply and planning on moving on to a ninety day supply. It feels good to have this project started and it feels good to do something besides stare at the ceiling.

No comments: