Thursday, August 18, 2011

Original Builder Passes

The Secret Cabin in 2006 as it was originally built in the mid to late 1990's.
We received the sad news this morning that the former owner and original builder of The Secret Cabin passed away yesterday evening. When I reworked the floor plan and designed the additions to the cabin, Mike and I were anxious to do anything to the cabin for fear we would ruin it. Neil was last out to visit early this Spring. He gave me THE biggest compliment of any of my creative endeavors. He said that the cabin still looked like the cabin. I know he will be sorely missed by his family but Neil will always hold a special place in our hearts for building the special little cabin that swept Mike and I off our feet so much so that we pursued our wild, never-thought-we-could-actually-do-it dream of living in a cabin in the woods. Gratitude and sadness are walking hand in hand today.

No comments: