Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lack of Blog Excuse #357.5


I am a totally pissed off, grumpy, disappointed, b-word right now. I am sick and tired of hearing myself talk about construction BS and I figure that no one else wants to hear it either. However, in the name of possibly saving someone else, any one else, from having their wallets raped, here it is, freaking again, dammit. Now that we're all moved in and Winter is in high gear, we've discovered a wind tunnel in the cabin. Shit, shit, shit. You've got to be f*ing kidding me. This place was down to the studs and we paid all this money and spent all this time apart for this. The wind blows in through the soffits, comes into the knee wall storage, blows open the doors on said storage, and into the cabin. I put side tables, cabinets, etc. in front of the doors to keep the doors from blowing open. The wind freaking blows so hard, you could split atoms in the loft. At the risk of having what I type held against me in the day and age of thought police, I want to put the hurt on a couple of contractors pretty bad. There I said it. You'll have to helicopter in to get me because the driveway is drifted over in spots and plowed shut by the road crew. Na, na, na. So what's with the picture of the crappy house. This past Summer, someone made the comment to me that, "Gee, I wish I had the money to build a camp and have a tractor." I like the person that made this comment and it kind of hurt my feelings. Really, do you think that little of me. As if I was just sitting around doing nothing, as usual, and some fairy swooped down and delivered a sack of money to us on a silver platter. Well, what kind of character and/or strength would that build? How would that develop your soul? Not. The house pictured above is the old farmhouse in Gibsonburg that we lived in for five years, six winters. It is one of several ways we tried to save money towards our dream. The other ways are these strange things sacrifice and hard work. Anyway, the house definitely has seen better days. Both Mike and I broke and fell through the floors in this house on several occasions. It was so cold in there in the Winter that you could see your breath. Do you know, I mean really know, how bad it hurts to be cold all the time? The high pitched squealing where the wind would blow through the windows was annoying too. So, we went through all that. Then, recently we went through all that time apart because I had to be here to try to get the hammer swingers to use that squishy thing sloshing around behind their eyes....they took our money, ALL of it, and this is what I've got. A cabin that you can split atoms in the bedroom loft because the wind blows in so hard. So, Lack of Blog Excuse #357.5 is a bad, bad mood.

No comments: