Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cripes, what a mess!

Do you see any room for a horse here? Me neither. Last year, when I shut the construction down so I could go see my family for the holiday, a certain contractor either threw stuff in the barn or stuffed it into the basement of the cabin. When I came back to the cabin and started construction back up again, I had to empty the cabin out so we could work in there. It was either put it in the barn or have it blow all over 40 acres. Here's a bit of advice from the trenches: If you are doing construction and they tell you they clean up, don't believe them. Don't worry about standing back and letting other people do their jobs. Go ahead and clean up as things go along, otherwise this is what you will have to contend with the week before your horse's arrival.

No comments: