Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here I am!

For some reason, odd I'm sure, I picture the "world of blog" as a group of individuals, us, the collective we, walking along together on the same path. Then when I don't blog, it's like I fall down, face first in a big dusty poof. Everyone continues walking for awhile and then they realize I'm not there. I envision everyone stopping at the same time, heads wheeling around, not seeing me there and saying, "Bheki," in that disapproving, "what are you up to now?" tone of voice. Okay, so everyone reading my blog is only my family and a couple of friends. So here I am, popping up again, still in a cloud of dust a la Pig-Pen of Charles Shulz' Peanuts. I've been crabby. Yes, I know, so what else is new. The negativity on my blog has culminated to the point where I don't want to write when I'm crabby, disgusted, etc. If we want more positive energy in the world, we have to put positive energy in it. As soon as I figure out how to remain peaceful, graceful, and fricking loving under less than ideal circumstances, you'll be the first to know. Oh, all right, I admit it, I fired ANOTHER contractor. Yes, that makes three. It was long overdue. I should have listened to my gut instincts. But did I? No. So, Bill's Electrical is off my Winter Holiday card list. Fast forward through the negativity (he said, I said, they did this, they didn't do that, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, so on and so forth). Okay, there we go. My new electrician is Wayne of Hanson Electrical, Houghton, Michigan. Super nice guy. Nice, neat work. Doesn't complain. NOT lazy. I'm not really into electrical stuff but even I thought, "Wow, that's actually beautiful," when the electrical inspector came out and took the cover off the subpanel. More impressive, though, is that the electrical inspector, who sees a lot of work and knows what he's looking at, said, "That's a nice job."

No comments: