Monday, February 15, 2010

Fabulous Fabio

But not so fabulous picture. Sorry about that. I'm going to have to work on my fish photography there. Whoa. Anyway, it is good to be home. I had breakfast at The Conglomerate Cafe this morning and got to see some friends. Babette, the cafe owner and my friend, greets all the regulars by name. She can remember each person's "usual". Very "Cheers"; only real time and with food. Wine is on Friday night. And, she bakes all the bread herself! I know. She bakes all the goodies in the goodie case too. If you're ever up in our neck of the woods (that's so literal here; anyway) you have to stop in and treat yourself to something. It's on Fifth Street. My beta, Fabio, has been living in Babette's office and Aunty Babette has been taking care of Fabio for me while I was in Ohio for the holiday. Saturday night and Sunday (the cafe is closed on Sundays) at the apartment was a little empty and lonely without Fabio. So after I got to visit with my friends, Fabio and I made the short walk through the snowy streets of Calumet back to our apartment. All I need now is The Husband and our really furry family members and we'll be all set.

No comments: